Welcome to the Department of Justice and Equality
Working for a safer, fairer Ireland
Following a period of consultation the Department has prepared a draft Strategy Statement for the period 2015 to 2017, this is due to be published shortly following Government approval
News & Events
YOUR SILENCE FEEDS THE VIOLENCE - if someone you know is a victim of domestic or sexual violence find out how you can help at www.cosc.ie
Magdalen Commission Report and related information.
General Scheme of Garda Síochána (Amendment) Bill to provide for the establishment of a new Policing Authority General Scheme for Garda Síochána (Amendment) Bill (PDF - 1063KB)
Latest Press Releases
- 27/02/2015 Meeting between the Minister for Justice and Equality, Frances Fitzgerald TD, Northern Ireland’s Minister of Justice, David Ford MLA, and Scotland’s Cabinet Secretary for Justice, Michael Matheson MSP
- 26/02/2015 Minister Fitzgerald welcomes passage of legislation to strengthen powers of Garda Ombudsman by the Oireachtas
- 24/02/2015 Minister of State for Equality, Polish Embassy Deputy Head of Mission and the FAI CEO launch ‘PolskaÉire 2015’, the national Polish-Irish Festival
- 19/02/2015 Minister Ó Ríordáin announces Government approval to prohibit discrimination against tenants in receipt of rent supplement
- 18/02/2015 Call for Expression of Interest - Disability Stakeholder Group
- More Press Releases....