Welcome to the Department of Justice and Equality
Working for a safer, fairer Ireland
News & Events
Appointment to DNA Database System Oversight Committee: The Minister for Justice and Equality, Ms Frances Fitzgerald T.D., is seeking expressions of interest from suitably-qualified persons for appointment to the DNA Database System Oversight Committee... More
YOUR SILENCE FEEDS THE VIOLENCE - if someone you know is a victim of domestic or sexual violence find out how you can help at www.cosc.ie
Magdalen Commission Report and related information.
General Scheme of Garda Síochána (Amendment) Bill to provide for the establishment of a new Policing Authority General Scheme for Garda Síochána (Amendment) Bill (PDF - 1063KB)
Latest Press Releases
- 17/12/2014 Minister Fitzgerald welcomes Appointments to the Irish Legal Terms Advisory Committee
- 16/12/2014 Minister Fitzgerald welcomes Government approval for Marriage Equality Referendum in May
- 12/12/2014 Minister Fitzgerald publishes new Bill to provide free access to health services for Magdalen survivors
- 11/12/2014 Minister for Justice and Equality joins international colleagues in call to further strengthen the global response to Online Child Sexual Exploitation
- 10/12/2014 111 Syrians admitted under sponsorship programme
- More Press Releases....