The Immigration Service Delivery (ISD) (formerly Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS)) is part of the Department of Justice and Equality and provides data about asylum and managed migration in Ireland to Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. This data is published on the EU Open data portal along with data from other European countries.
Links to open datasets about asylum and managed migration can be found below. Descriptions of the data are located on each page.
Immigration Statutory Reporting Calendar
- Asylum and first time asylum applicants – monthly data (rounded) (tps00189)
- Persons subject of asylum applications pending at the end of the month – monthly data (tps00190)
- Asylum and first time asylum applicants – annual aggregated data (rounded) (tps00191)
- First instance decisions on asylum applications by type if decision – annual aggregated data (tps00192)
- Final decisions on asylum applications – annual data (tps00193)
- Asylum applicants considered to be unaccompanied minors – annual data (tps00194)
- Acquisition of citizenship
- Acquisition of citizenship by age group, sex and former citizenship
- Acquisition of citizenship by age group, sex and level of human development of former citizenship
- Loss of citizenship by sex and new citizenship
- Residents who acquired citizenship as a share of resident non-citizens by former citizenship and sex
- First permits by reason (tps00170)
- All valid permits by reason on 31 December of each year (tps00171)
The International Protection Office (IPO) is an office within the ISD responsible for processing applications for international protection under the International Protection Act 2015. It also considers, as part of a single procedure process, whether applicants should be given permission to remain. The IPO comprises, inter alia, a Chief International Protection Officer and international protection officers who are independent in the performance of their international protection functions.
Datasets about the total number of applications for International Protection can be found here:
- Applications for International Protection (top 5 nationalities) (CSV file 9KB)
- Applications for International Protection (CSV file 2KB)
Included in the total count are Domestic applications, relocated applications and re-applications for a declaration for International Protection (s22).