We work to make Ireland a safe, fair and inclusive place to live and work.
Our responsibilities include:
- the security of the State
- the protection of life and property
- the prevention and detection of crime
- maintaining and promoting fairness and equality
- services for the buying and selling of property
- managing inward migration to the State
- providing a Courts Service
- updating our criminal and civil laws
- developing the Insolvency Service
- various other regulatory services
The challenges facing us reflect the changes in society and technology. Our aim is to provide strategic and policy direction and delivery in a fast-changing and complex world.
You can find full details of our strategy and our business plan respectively in our Department of Justice and Equality Strategy Statement 2016-2019 and in our Department of Justice and Equality One Plan 2017.