118. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the correct procedure to be followed in the case of a person who has worked in the home care sector here for ten years or more and who wishes to regularise their residency; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38263/18]


Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Charles Flanagan): I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that it is not possible to provide a targeted response in the absence of detailed information in relation to the current immigration status of the person concerned.
I am, however, further informed that if the person concerned is seeking to renew or vary an extant permission to reside in this State they may write to Unit 2, Domestic Residence and Permissions Division, INIS, 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 setting out the particular circumstances of their current immigration status. Any such request will be given detailed consideration by INIS upon receipt of the relevant information and documentary evidence from the individual concerned. Alternatively, the person concerned may consult the INIS website ( to identify an immigration pathway that may suit their individual circumstances.
Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the INIS of my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by was of the Parliamentary Question process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from INIS is, in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.