Press releases relating to issues under the remit of the Department are listed chronologically below. For ease of reference, they are also sorted by theme as follows:
Courts Policy/Legal Services
Crime & Law Enforcement
Financial Shared Services
Garda & Policing
Legislation, Law Reform & EU
Other regulatory functions
Prisons & Probation
Youth Justice, Children & Family
You can find information on the role of the Press Office as well as contact details here.
- Appointment of Special Advisers to the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence
- Statement by the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence, Mr. Alan Shatter, T.D.
- Minister Shatter addresses the Victims of Crime Consultative Forum
- Statement on the dissolution of the Independent International Commission on Decommissioning and of the Independent Monitoring Commission
- Dáil Debate on Moriarty Tribunal Report Speech by Mr. Alan Shatter T.D., Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence Wednesday 30 March 2011
- Statement by the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence.
- Minister Shatter welcomes closeness of cross-border co-operation
- CLOCKS GO FORWARD WEEKEND OF 26/27 MARCH 2011
- Statement by Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence, Mr Alan Shatter, TD, on the implications of the recent ruling of the Court of Justice of the European Union in the case of Ruiz Zambrano.
- Minister Shatter publishes the Criminal Justice (Community Service) (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill