Publications relating to the issues under the remit of the Department are sorted by theme. Please choose a theme from those listed below.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of these publications. To download a free reader, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com.
Publications relating to the work of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) may be located on its website www.inis.gov.ie.
In this section, find out about:
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Crime & Law Enforcement
- Garda & Policing
- Prisons & Probation
- Northern Ireland
- Legislation, Law Reform & EU
- Safety & Security
- Youth Justice, Children & Family
- Courts Policy/Legal Services
- Other Regulatory Functions
1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- 10/04/2014 Annual Report of the Central Authority on the European arrest warrants
- 09/04/2014 Criminal Assets Bureau Annual Report 2012
The report outlines the activities of the Bureau during the course of 2012, in the pursuit of its statutory remit, detailing actions brought by the Bureau under the proceeds of crime, revenue and social welfare legislation in successfully targeting the suspected proceeds of criminal conduct. The report demonstrates that the Bureau remains an integral part of the law enforcement response to criminal conduct in Ireland.
- 26/03/2014 Examination by GSOC of Fixed Charge Processing System submitted in 2009
Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission examination of Practice, Policy and Procedure under section 106(2) in regard to the Fixed Charge Processing System as operated by the Garda Síochána. Submitted to the Department in April 2009.
- 19/03/2014 Tackling Youth Crime - Youth Justice Action Plan 2014 - 2018
The focus for the Tackling Youth Crime- Youth Justice Action Plan 2014 - 2018 is to continue the downward trends in high volume crime and reduce the necessity for detention.
- 12/03/2014 Report of the Garda Síochána Inspectorate
The Garda Síochána Inspectorate Report is to ensure that the resources available to the Garda Síochána are used so as to achieve and maintain the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness in its operation and administration, as measured by reference to the best standards of comparable police services.
- 11/03/2014 Report on the death of Prisoner C - 2013
- 11/03/2014 Report on the death of Prisoner A - 2013
- 11/03/2014 Report on the death of Prisoner L - 2012
- 11/03/2014 Report on the death of Prisoner G - 2013
- 06/03/2014 Probation Service Annual Report 2013