Publications relating to the issues under the remit of the Department are sorted by theme. Please choose a theme from those listed below.
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of these publications. To download a free reader, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com.
Publications relating to the work of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) may be located on its website www.inis.gov.ie.
In this section, find out about:
- Annual Reports
- Strategy Statements
- Crime & Law Enforcement
- Garda & Policing
- Prisons & Probation
- Northern Ireland
- Legislation, Law Reform & EU
- Safety & Security
- Youth Justice, Children & Family
- Courts Policy/Legal Services
- Other Regulatory Functions
1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
- 17/09/2014 Strategic Review of Penal Policy
- 15/09/2014 Department of Justice and Equality - Annual Report 2013
- 12/09/2014 Child Abduction Annual Report 2013
- 12/09/2014 Report of investigations into the deaths of prisoners in custody
- 12/09/2014 Overview of Mountjoy Prison Campus with particular emphasis on the Separation Unit by the Inspector of Prisons Judge Michael Reilly
- 10/09/2014 Parole Board Annual Report 2013
- 03/09/2014 Publication of Inspector of Prisons Deaths In Custody Reports 2013
- 02/09/2014 Regulatory Reform of the International Education Sector and the Student Immigration Regime
Ireland has a strong reputation for delivery of high‐quality education services both to our own citizens and those who come here from abroad. A degree from an Irish university, Institute of Technology or high‐quality private sector provider is an indicator of significant educational achievement, highly valued by our students and employers alike. Ireland is also a specialist in high‐quality English Language tuition. Many thousands of students from the EU and around the world come to Ireland for full‐time or short‐term programmes.
- 02/09/2014 Report of the Task Force on students affected by private college closures
On 21 May 2014 the Minister for Education and Skills and the Minister for Justice and Equality announced the establishment of a Task Force on Students Affected by the Closure of Private Colleges.
- 21/08/2014 Report on Loughan House Open Centre