The Office for the Promotion of Migrant Integration develops, drives and coordinates integration policy across Government Departments, agencies and services.
Our functions include:
- promoting the integration of legal immigrants into Irish society
- monitoring trends in racist incidence and developing anti-racism measures
- managing the resettlement of refugees admitted as part of the United Nations Resettlement Programme, in conjunction with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- administration of national funding to promote integration
- administration of EU funding schemes relating to the provision of services for migrants under the provisions of the Asylum, Integration and Migration Fund (AMIF) and the European Social Fund
Ireland’s integration policy involves providing mainstream services, while also recognising the need for targeted initiatives to meet specific short-term needs.
The Office for the Promotion of Migrant Integration holds overall responsibility for the promotion and coordination of integration measures for legally resident immigrants, and in doing this, supports Government Departments in their delivery of integration services.
More information on our work is available on our website, www.integration.ie.
|Address:||Office for the Promotion of Migrant Integration|
|Department of Justice and Equality|
|6 Hanover Street East|
|Phone: (main reception):||+ 353 1 418 3200|