83. Deputy Richard Boyd Barrett asked the Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality if she will provide a re-entry visa for a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [10652/17]


Tánaiste and Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Frances Fitzgerald): I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that re-entry visas can only be issued to a person before the person leaves Ireland. If a person leaves Ireland without obtaining a re-entry visa then, irrespective of the validity of their Registration Certificate, they must apply for a visa in order to travel to Ireland. Such visa applications must be made in their home country.
The person referred to did not apply for a re-entry visa prior to her departure from Ireland nor did they apply for a visa in Vietnam in order to permit her return to Ireland.
I am further advised that an on-line application has now been made and the application will be processed in the Irish Embassy in Hanoi once the relevant supporting documents are submitted.