725. Deputy Richard Boyd Barrett asked the Minister for Justice the steps that can be taken to expedite a stamp 4 permit for a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [52248/21]


Minister of State at the Department of Justice and Equality (Deputy James Browne): The person referred to by the Deputy holds a Stamp 1 permission, which is valid until 27 February 2022.
It is open to the person concerned to write to the Domestic Residence and Permissions Unit of the Immigration Service of my Department and request a change of immigration permission to a Stamp 4 if they meet the required criteria.
Detailed information on the criteria for changing immigration permission, including instructions on how to change that permission are available on the Immigration Service website at:
It may also be open to the person concerned and her prospective employer to make an application to the Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment for an employment permit to cover the new offer of employment.
Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility at, which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Question process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in the cases where the response is, in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.