146. Deputy Jan O'Sullivan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if there is a mechanism by which a person on a stamp two student visa can apply for a work permit when they have completed their studies; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [7872/18]


Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Charles Flanagan): I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that a non-EEA student may be entitled to apply for a one year permission under the rules of the Third Level Graduate Programme having completed their studies in the State. The Third Level Graduate Programme Immigration Rules and qualifying criteria can be found at
The intention of the programme is to allow legally resident Irish educated non-EEA graduates to remain in Ireland after their studies for the purpose of seeking an Employment Permit.
The issuing of Employment Permits is a matter for the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation. Further information is available at: