39. Deputy Catherine Connolly asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the steps being taken to facilitate those who have been granted asylum moving out of direct provision centres; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [42437/18]


Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Charles Flanagan): All residents of state accommodation centres who are granted status are eligible to access mainstream housing supports and services on the same basis as Irish nationals/European Economic Area Nationals.
Residents with status are provided with details on how to access information in respect of applying for social housing and how to access Housing Assistance Payments, finance, healthcare, and education among other supports. The information booklet, "Your guide to living independently" published by the Reception and Integration Agency (RIA) in Urdu, Pashtu, Farsi, Arabic, French and English is available on the RIA website.
Considerable work has been done to support residents with status to move out of accommodation centres and to secure permanent accommodation. The Department of Justice and Equality provides funding to NGOs and is working with the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government on the issue of accommodation for persons who have been granted a permission to remain in Ireland.
In particular, funding was granted to the Jesuit Refugee Service and the Peter McVerry Trust under the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund Ireland 2017 - 2019 for the PATHS project (Providing Asylum-seekers in Transition with Housing and Support). In addition, funding has been granted to South Dublin County Partnership for a two year housing and integration programme, a key part of which is to assist residents who have their status to access housing supports. Both of these projects are focused on the Towers Accommodation Centre in Clondalkin, Dublin 22.
Furthermore, the Department are working with DePaul Ireland and Respond to provide nationwide supports to residents with permission to remain to assist them to secure permanent housing outside of the Department’s accommodation portfolio.