119. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if consideration will be given on compassionate grounds to facilitate temporary residency in the case of a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9248/18]
Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Charles Flanagan): I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that from the limited information provided by the Deputy it is not possible to identify either of the persons concerned and therefore it is not possible to adequately respond to this question.
It would appear that the persons concerned may never have had permission to remain in the State. If it is the case that the persons concerned have not engaged with the immigration service already then they should do so as soon as possible.
In this regard and to allow for a full examination of their individual circumstances, they should be advised to write directly to Unit 2, Residence Division, Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 supplying the following documentation in relation to themselves, and if applicable, in relation to any spouse or children that might be currently in the State.
1. Full copy of their passport/s
2. Copy of their GNIB card/s
3. Copy of marriage certificate (if applicable)
4. Brief outline of their history in the State to include when and where they entered the State as well as a brief outline of their current circumstances.
5. Their current address.
Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the INIS of my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from the INIS is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.