128. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if a stamp 4 or similar status will be offered in the case of a person (details supplied); his views on whether a work permit is an appropriate or another solution; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9259/18]


Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Charles Flanagan): I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that from the limited details provided it is not possible to identify the person concerned and therefore its not possible to adequately respond to this question.
It would appear that the person in question may never have had permission to remain in the State. If it is the case that the person in question has not engaged with the immigration service already they should do so as soon as possible.
In this regard and to allow for a full examination of their circumstances, they should be advised to write directly to Unit 2, Residence Division, Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 supplying the following documentation in relation to themselves, and if applicable, in relation to any spouse or children that might be currently in the State.
1. Full copy of their passport/s
2. Copy of their GNIB card/s
3. Copy of marriage certificate (if applicable)
4. Brief outline of their history in the State to include when and where they entered the State as well as a brief outline of their current circumstances.
5. Their current address.
Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the INIS of my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from the INIS is, in the Deputy’s view, inadequate or too long awaited.