472. Deputy Pearse Doherty asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if she will provide a list of all the bodies, persons and organisations she has consulted with, prior to her announcement of 13 May 2015 related to mortgage arrears; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [19817/15]
Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Frances Fitzgerald): I can confirm to the Deputy that prior to the Government announcement on 13 May 2015, my Department had met with and/or received submissions from the following organisations regarding the review of the personal insolvency legislation and related elements of the mortgage arrears package:
- Association of Personal Insolvency Practitioners
- Banking and Payment Federation Ireland
- Courts Service
- Credit Union Development Association
- Free Legal Advice Centres
- Insolvency Service of Ireland
- Irish League of Credit Unions
- Irish Mortgage Holders Organisation
- Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners
- Money Advice and Budgeting Service
- Phoenix Project
Consultations have also taken place with other relevant Government Departments and agencies, and with the Office of the Attorney General.
In addition, my officials have also met with and/or received submissions from a number of individuals, expressing a range of different perspectives arising from their experiences in insolvency law, accountancy or debt advice.