1496. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice the procedure to be followed to regularise the position in the case of a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [39631/22]


Minister for Justice (Deputy Helen McEntee): Any non-EEA national who separates from their Irish spouse should notify their local immigration office within seven days, as required by section 9(2) of the Immigration Act 2004. This does not require a legal separation.
Within two calendar months after their separation, the person concerned needs to inform, in writing, my Department about the separation and seek a change of their immigration status. My Department will consider the application and make a decision if they qualify for a permission in their own right.
Any application submitted should provide details of their current address and any other details that they rely on to substantiate their application.
The application can be sent to:
Immigration Service Delivery,PO Box 12695, Dublin 2
Further information can be found in the FAQ section of my Department's immigration website at: