150. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if the spouse of a person (details supplied) can join them here in view of the fact that they were previously the holder of stamp 3; if spousal join is relevant in this situation; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [22443/19]


Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Charles Flanagan): I am informed by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that detailed information on the circumstances in which the person concerned can seek to sponsor a non-EEA national spouse to join and reside with him in the State is contained in the INIS Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification. This information can be accessed on the INIS website at
I am further informed that if the person's spouse is a visa required national they must seek the appropriate visa for their circumstances. Each visa application is considered on its individual merits with the Visa Officer having regard to all of the information and documentation available. The onus rests at all times with the applicant to satisfy the Visa Officer that the particular visa sought should be granted. Guidelines on how to apply for particular types of visas are available on the INIS website at
Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the INIS of my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility, which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from the INIS is, in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.