153. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality when a person (details supplied) can obtain residency status; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [22446/19]


Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Charles Flanagan): I am informed by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that there is no record of a request for permission to reside in the State from the person concerned.
I am further informed that it is open to the person concerned to write to Unit 5, Domestic Residence and Permissions Division, INIS, PO Box 12695, Dublin 2, setting out their current circumstances. Alternatively the person may email for further information on how to proceed.
Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the INIS of my Department by e-mail using the Oireachtas Mail facility, which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up to date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the e-mail service except in cases where the response from the INIS is, in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.