Minister Stanton announces funding call for Traveller and Roma Pride Week 2019
- Events must celebrate Traveller and/or Roma culture
- Funding of up to €2,000 is available to applicants
28 March 2019
The Minister of State with special responsibility for Equality, Immigration & Integration, David Stanton TD, has today announced that applications can now be made for funding for events to celebrate Traveller and Roma Pride Week 2019.
Funding of up to €2,000 is available to applicants operating at national, regional and local level to community-based groups in order to host events between 30 May and 16 June 2019.
Announcing the fund, Minister Stanton said: “I’m delighted to make funding available again this year to assist the Traveller and Roma community to mark Traveller and Roma Pride Week in 2019. I look forward to seeing the wide variety of events that will take place in cities, towns and villages across the country to promote the inclusion of Traveller and Roma communities in a way that benefits both Traveller and settled communities in Ireland in a spirit of mutual respect.”
In accordance with the Department’s commitment to Action 1 of the National Traveller and Roma Inclusion Strategy 2017-2021, the Department of Justice and Equality work to support, strengthen and expand Traveller and Roma Pride Week and to increase national awareness of the event.
Applications for Funding will be granted for activities satisfying the following criteria:
- Involve the active participation of members of the Traveller and/or Roma community at all stages of the project (planning, implementation etc);
- Celebrate and promote Traveller and/or Roma culture;
- Promote a positive image of Traveller and/or Roma Culture to the wider settled community;
- Members of the settled community must be included and invited to the event;
- The event must be accessible to an open public audience where possible.
Applications must be made on the Funding Application Form which should be emailed to email@example.com before 5pm on Tuesday 7th May 2019.